Thursday, May 1, 2008

A little of this, a little of that

After watching American Idol this week (for the first time this season...usually i'm super diehard), I wanted to look up some of David A's music to put on the blog. I came across the song "We Can Work It Out"--I didn't know the Beatles sang it, I only knew that Stevie Wonder sang it. I love his version, and him. He makes me want to dance. During all this Craig mentioned that he HATED the Stevie Wonder version. How could you hate a blind person? It's beyond me. 2 minutes after his comment he came across this on the bathroom mirror. Pretty good resemblance, eh? And I didn't even have a picture to reference when I drew this...

I am beginning to feel a little like Jared, Subway extraordinaire. Craig and I ate lunch there pretty much every single day last semester with our meal plans. I was a little heartbroken thinking that this spring would be the first time in my college career that I would be without a meal plan (I know I'm a baby). Thankfully, I have the best dad in the world (not only for that reason, either). Now Craig and I go there for dinner instead because we're both too busy during the day.
Aside from eating Subway every single day, we found these pants recently that I used to wear sophomore year and in Romania. I knew that I was gaining weight in Romania, but HELLO. These jeans were never like skin tight, but definitely snug! Craig fits into these perfectly. It's almost disturbing. And the pictures don't do justice of how big they are now. I told Craig that he can never let me be lazy enough to fit into these ANYTIME in the near future, unless i'm pregnant. (Craig is wearing the green shirt and the jeans, I'm the fuschia).
I got a 3.7 this last semester. Much better than I was expecting to do! Hopefully I can pull that off in the two classes I am currently taking. They are all about research research research. I don't know if any of you have read a million research articles in your lives, but it's seriously boring. Something has come over me though, and all of a sudden I am participating in class like nobody's business. Probably because I'm one of 10 people in each class, everyone else is shy, and the teacher will sit there until we respond. Today my teacher stopped class 30 minutes early because I let out a big, hearty yawn. I love that about spring term. The teachers are way more chill.

Women's conference is going on on campus right now. It is INSANE. So much Estrogen. Craig was saying how he can totally picture me being one of the ladies that comes all dolled up and matching with her girlfriends. He's right. He was even pointing out the women on campus that I will most likely be like when I'm older and why.


We're going to Cedar City this weekend for Craig's birthday. So peace, until Sunday or Monday!

6 comments:

maynard said...

Congratulations on the GREAT grades. You are amazing.

Also, nice work losing the weight. You wouldn't fit in around these parts.

Kristen said...

Gosh, there are so many things I want to comment on. First, your illustration of Stevie Wonder is uncanny. Second, what if you have a blind child? How could Craig be such a hater? Third, who is wearing the pants in those pictures? Is that Craig in the first one and you're showing how well they fit, or is that you in Romania? Fourth, you are so lucky to have a meal plan again! I survived my last spring semester on hot pockets... Fifth, nice job on the grades! That's pretty awesome.

C&C said...

Craig is the one wearing the pants with the green shirt. I didn't take many pictures of my bum in Romania.

Kristen said...

Hey. Just checkin. Have fun in my honeymoon city!

Hali said...

Congrats on such a fine semester! (And you did it as a newlywed) Props to you. I'm also in Cedar this wkd....watching all the folks graduate. Such fun. Have a good time!

K said...

I kind of hate stevie wonder also. Not sure why.