Monday, May 5, 2008

Licensed to Ill

I know I've been writing a lot about barfing lately, but seriously, it's totally out of control! The last time I threw up was on Tuesday, but then when we were in Cedar this weekend, Craig's mom got the stomach flu. It hit Craig at 4:30 this morning and I swear the poor boy has been throwing up like nonstop since then! I haven't felt completely up to par at all this week, so I spent the first 4 vomits in the bathroom with Craig, then it was just too much to handle! I thought I would throw up just listening to him.

My random vomitings lately made me think I was prego or something. I don't feel like spending the money on a pregnancy test, so I will keep assuming that I'm not. I think it has just been food poisoning. If throwing up makes you prego, Craig is now the world's second "pregnant man" because he is throwing up like a million-fold more than I ever did. That man/woman is g-ross.
As Craig is throwing up I think "oh my gosh, when I'm a mom I do NOT want to clean up my children's vomit!" Sick. I have been vomited on, but that was in Romania, when I was pretty much immune to being grossed out by anything. Props to moms everywhere who clean up their kids puke. Props also to my elementary school custodian, Mr. Apple who had to clean up my vomit like every year because I threw up in class every year except kindergarten.
I'm listening to Gavin DeGraw's second album right now and it is so legit. I'm lovin it and I'm jammin'.

I need a break from reading about marital satisfaction in Maltese and Taiwanese couples. Fascinating...NOT! Craig is watching "Bourne Ultimatum". I figured I could at the very least rent him a man movie so that he would stop watching "The Deadliest Catch" for 5 minutes. Has anyone else ever seen that? I owe Craig one anyway after taking me to see "Made of Honor" this weekend. Ugh. So not worth it. Patrick Dempsey is quite dreamy, but tons of it was just about him being a man-whore (there's no other way to put it. Sorry. Plus the word "whore" is in the scriptures, so there.)
I'm only writing on here to avoid reading anything else from the Journal of Marriage and Family. Hope you enjoyed reading about vomit.



4 comments:

Madelyn said...

Yeah, pregnancy tests are expensive! I've heard they have some at the dollar store that supposedly work just as well as the other ones out there, but who knows. I totally had a "pregnancy scare" a while back, and when the test said it was negative I felt a little disappointed and a week later we bought a puppy haha....cause I was baby hungry ha. Anyways, I hope you guys get healthy soon!

K said...

All those chick flicks are like that. But girls still gobble them up, and then object to some innocent consensual face-pounding on UFC. I watched deadliest catch the other day for a few minutes, just our of curiousity, but it never grabbed me. I thought it would.

Kristen said...

Deadliest Catch looks kinda lame. Bourne Ultimatum totally rocks. Poor Craig. That's nice of him to carry your child, though. Now only he has to worry about stretch marks. You are good at writing blog entries. I'm glad you started a blog.

Hali said...

Ha ha...I luv your blog posts. They're hysterical...even if they are about vomit ;)