Saturday, March 29, 2008

Firsts

Our weekends are pretty much always legit! I kicked it off by going to dinner on Thursday with my favorite Romania girls. It was my first time at the Rumbi Grill and it was mm mm good! Friday, Craig and I went "cosmic" mini-golfing for the first time at the indoor course at Trafalga--blacklights, bumpin music, the works. I won, duh! He kicks my bum at airhockey, and I always kick his at mini-golf, which takes a whole lot more skill, so I end up feeling pretty good about myself. It was my first time eating Dip-n-Dots (didn't sit so well!) and my first time hearing Craig get sassy with strangers. HA! The people in front of us were up there on the annoying scale, and it made me laugh to hear Craig say something to them about getting out of my way while I was trying to golf!
We redboxed "The Kite Runner", which sounded kind of sketchy to me at first, but I LOVED it! It was tender, and really intersting. I totally recommend it. I think I'm going to read the book this summer.
After the movie, I was suddenly overcome by extreme vomit-osis, during which I violently barfed up a plethora of things. It was my first time barfing in a while. Actually, the last time that happened was during freshman year, when I threw up over the railing of the third story at Craig's dorm. It was sweet. I'm better today.

Today we went to the Festival of Colors at the Hindu Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork. Our first time of many to come!
There were sooooooooo many people there! After the "witch burning", everyone threw their bags of colored powder, and it was pure, sweet chaos. In the mouth, up the nostrils, EVERYWHERE! It was a blast. BEFORE: This is my cute ex-roommate Lauren with her colors.
DURING: The insane colored cloud of powder showering everyone!


AFTER: Way fun! We just hope it's a little warmer next year.

6 comments:

Jayci said...

that looks like a fun!! Except I'm sorry you got sick. So you think it was food poisoning? I HOPE it wasn't those dip'n'dots. That is my faaavorite. That would just be sad...

Glad you're feeling better.

Kristen said...

I always wanted to go to that! Looks like fun. And I hope you weren't directing any of your long hair comments to me. I'm going to grow mine out like the lady in your picture.

K said...

Dude, seriously. What's the deal with air hockey? It's like negatively correlated with general skill (which is why Gretchen always beats me). She's just a total goal guarder. The game doesn't reward attackers. And that's no kind of game for me. No sir.

K said...

PS- Because I always watch Gandland documentaries on the Discovery Channel, "kite runner" sounds to me like a person who carries and delivers notes for prisoners. But I think it's some cultural awareness feelgood film, right? Gretchen's bookclub read it.

K said...

I meant "GANGland"

Lauren Jayne said...

I need to read that book too!!