Lately, Craig and I have taken up a new hobby. It all started when his mom forwarded us a clip off of the Ellen Degeneres show. That reminded me of a HILARIOUS episode of Ellen that I insisted that Craig watch with me (Look it up: 88 year old Gladys Hardy calls Ellen). Now, we watch hilarious clips on the Ellen Degeneres show every night before bed. She totally cracks me up! Even her blogs are a trip. This is one of my favorites:LADIES' UNMENTIONABLES
Why is there an 18-hour bra? Who wears a bra for 18 hours? Who’s awake for 18 hours? I get up at around 8:00, go braless for about an hour and a half, then I put my bra on and sometimes my clothes. …Then I leave it on until around 9:00pm. It’s an 11 and a half hour bra.
The 18-hour bra’s been around forever. How did it even come about? Was somebody wearing a bra that exploded in the 17th hour? “This is ridiculous, we’ve got to make a bra that lasts longer than 17 hours!” If you’ve seen one, it’s a large bra. It’s huge. I don’t need that much material strapped to me. It’s got like 5 hooks in the back, a zipper in the front, four different ways to adjust the straps, a secret pin code you have to punch in to take it off. I’m not hiding gold in there. I just want support. …I think I’ll just get a sports bra. …Guitar Hero’s a sport, right?
The 18-hour bra’s been around forever. How did it even come about? Was somebody wearing a bra that exploded in the 17th hour? “This is ridiculous, we’ve got to make a bra that lasts longer than 17 hours!” If you’ve seen one, it’s a large bra. It’s huge. I don’t need that much material strapped to me. It’s got like 5 hooks in the back, a zipper in the front, four different ways to adjust the straps, a secret pin code you have to punch in to take it off. I’m not hiding gold in there. I just want support. …I think I’ll just get a sports bra. …Guitar Hero’s a sport, right?
Bahahah. It's also fantastic to go to "galleries" and watch some clips, especially under the "real people" section. Craig is so happy that in the past week I have come up with 2 new things to harass him over:
#1. Going to Burbank to be in Ellen's audience
#2. Going to Vegas so that I can go to my favorite store, H&M. Is it really that much to ask to go to an entirely different state just to go to one store? (JOKING!) I mean hello, they have them in the UNITED ARAB EMIRATES but not in Utah? But maybe it's better that way, because then going is still a novelty. My record is going into 5 H&M stores in a single day. They were mostly the same, but had some different things. I just had to make sure. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep if there was anything that went unseen. Thanks, mom, for being a sport. I know you loved every second. Next time I'm in Europe I'll see if I can't break that record.


Oh, and as a COMPLETE sidenote, Craig and I just saw a girl on campus wearing a fuschia shirt that said "VIRGINITY ROCKS". Okay, WHAT? For one thing, even though it is endorsing the honor code, is that allowed at BYU? And second of all, this girl is out of her mind.
My mom and sister are going to love this--talking about bras, virginity, and someone with an "alternative lifestyle" all in one post!
4 comments:
Ellen abuses animals. Ellen probably owns a majority stake in the Westland/Hallmark Meat Packing Company.
I watched the clip you were talking about w/ Gladys. It was pretty hilarious.
H&M is completely overrated. It's like the Ikea of clothing stores. Ellen is also completely overrated. Kimchee... Delicious
HAAHA Love this post. You are crazy. Ellen is awesome. I'm going to go check out these clips. :)
Post a Comment