
I didn't really know what to think last night when I heard that President Hinckley had passed away. Funny that just yesterday in Relief Society the conference issue of the Ensign was sitting in front of me and I looked at the picture of him and thought 1. he is so amazing and 2. that picture is totally adorable
The prophet since I was 9, his talks helped and inspired me through my awkward middle school and high school years. I always appreciated his optimism and his asking us to not do the impossible, but just to try every day to "be a little better" than we were the day before. He taught us that everyone everywhere is a child of God, to have a spirit of hope, to serve and to love.
Reading his biography a couple of years ago, I realized that not only his time as prophet, but his entire life had been dedicated to the progression and well being of the church and it's members. I loved all the opportunities I had both at BYU and at conference to be in the room when he entered. Without having to see or be told, you could feel that he was there. He was an amazing man who really cared about people, had a great vision for the church, and touched everyone.
I think the best way that we can honor and remember him is by living our lives the way that he asked!
"Given what we have and what we know, we ought to be a better people than we are. We ought to be more Christlike, more forgiving, more helpful and considerate to all around us."
The prophet since I was 9, his talks helped and inspired me through my awkward middle school and high school years. I always appreciated his optimism and his asking us to not do the impossible, but just to try every day to "be a little better" than we were the day before. He taught us that everyone everywhere is a child of God, to have a spirit of hope, to serve and to love.
Reading his biography a couple of years ago, I realized that not only his time as prophet, but his entire life had been dedicated to the progression and well being of the church and it's members. I loved all the opportunities I had both at BYU and at conference to be in the room when he entered. Without having to see or be told, you could feel that he was there. He was an amazing man who really cared about people, had a great vision for the church, and touched everyone.
I think the best way that we can honor and remember him is by living our lives the way that he asked!
"Given what we have and what we know, we ought to be a better people than we are. We ought to be more Christlike, more forgiving, more helpful and considerate to all around us."
5 comments:
Okay I just read your post and it gave me chills. We are so lucky to have been able to attend conferences and devotionals with the Prophet here in happy valley!
I second the notion of living our lives the way he asked. He definately had our happiness in mind when recommending how to live our lives.
Thanks for such a nice post. :) What a wonderful, awe-inspiring man.
Well said young lady, well said.
Candice, I love the face lift! The background and new banner are really cute! Good choice of music too...is this one of those special mixes Cami made you???
The music about gave me a heart attack. Cute blog. How did you do it?
Post a Comment